The Macon Water Authority
790 Second Street • Macon, GA 31202-0108 • (478) 464-5600
Fishing at Javors Lucas Lake
2016 Public Fishing Season Schedule
The Macon Water Authority (MWA) continues to provide opportunities for outdoor recreation and public education at its facilities, including access to Javors Lucas Lake (the Authrority's 589-acre drinking water reservoir) for fishing.
The 2016 public fishing season schedule at the Authority's Javors Lucas Lake is as follows:
* Beginning Friday March 4, and extending through Sunday May 1, 2016, Javors Lucas Lake will be open for fishing three days per week on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
* From Friday May 6, through Sunday June 26, 2016, Javors Lucas Lake will be open for fishing three days per week on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, but from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
* Note: Fishing will NOT be available on Monday May 30, 2016 for the Memorial Day Holiday.
* The Lake will be closed for public fishing during the months of July and August, but will re-open on Saturday, September 3, 2016.
* Note: Javors Lucas Lake will NOT be open on Independence Day (Monday July 4) or on Labor Day (Monday September 5, 2016).
* From Saturday September 3, through Sunday October 30, 2016, Javors Lucas Lake will re-open, but for two days per week on Saturdays and Sundays, and from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
* Sunday October 30th will be the last day of public fishing on Javors Lucas Lake during 2016.
* The Lake will be closed for public fishing and boating during the months of November and December 2016, as well as during the months of January and February 2017.
The 2016 Rates/Fees for fishing at Javors Lucas Lake remain the same:
* A sesonal pass to fish by boat for $100
* A seasonal pass to fish from the shore for $50
* A daily pass to fish by boat for $10
* A daily pass to fish from the shore for $5
Only electric powered (trolling) motors are allowed on Javors Lucas Lake. No gas powered (outboard) engines are allowed to power boats when fishing on Javors Lucas Lake. Because it is the primary drinking water reservoir for the MWA, Javors Lucas Lake adheres to more strict regulations than those governing the use of recreational lakes.
MWA reservoir dedicated in honor of Mr. Javors J. Lucas
Javors Lucas Lake was dedicated on November of 2006 to honor current MWA Board Member Javors J. Lucas, who has served the Authority for more than 30 years. The MWA drinking water reservoir holds an estimated 5.8 billion gallons of water at normal full pool, providing the ideal habitat for a variety of fish, including bream, bass, and catfish.
Fishing tournaments are welcomed at Javors Lucas Lake, which is an ideal setting for area groups or organizations to host special events. However, individuals with groups fishing during a scheduled tournament must adhere to all rules and regulations governing the use of Javors Lucas Lake and Georgia Public Waters (provided in the "Rules and Regulations" link below). And groups requesting that Javors Lucas Lake open early for scheduled events must coordinate those logistics and pay for the security necessary to accommodate such a request.
For details on MWA Public Fishing Rates, Rules and Regulations, as well as for Directions to Javors Lucas Lake, check out the following links:
For more information on fishing at Javors Lucas Lake, contact:
Gary J. McCoy, MWA Director of Water Operations
Amerson Water Plant/Fishing Season Phone Number: 478-464-5650.
Macon Water Authority
790 Second St.
P.O. Box 108
Macon, GA 31202-0108
- (478) 464-5600
- (478) 741-9146