The Macon Water Authority
790 Second Street • Macon, GA 31202-0108 • (478) 464-5600
Fishing at Javors Lucas Lake
2017 Public Fishing Season Schedule
The Macon Water Authority (MWA) continues to provide opportunities for outdoor recreation and public education at its facilities, including access to Javors Lucas Lake (the Authrority's 589-acre drinking water reservoir) for fishing.
The 2017 public fishing season schedule at the Authority's Javors Lucas Lake is as follows:
* Beginning Friday March 3, and extending through Sunday April 30, 2017, Javors Lucas Lake will be open for fishing three days per week on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
* From Friday May 5, through Sunday June 25, 2017, Javors Lucas Lake will be open for fishing three days per week on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, but from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
* Note: Fishing will NOT be available on Monday May 29, 2017 for the Memorial Day Holiday.
* Javors Lucas Lake will be closed for public fishing during the months of July and August, but will re-open on Saturday, Sept. 2, 2017.
* Note: Javors Lucas Lake will NOT be open on Independence Day (Sunday July 4, 2017) or on Labor Day (Monday Sept. 4, 2017).
* From Saturday Sept. 2, through Sunday Oct. 29, 2017, Javors Lucas Lake will re-open, but for two days per week on Saturdays and Sundays, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
* Sunday Oct. 29, 2017 will be the last day of public fishing at Javors Lucas Lake this year.
* Javors Lucas Lake will be closed for public fishing and boating during the months of November and December of 2017, as well as January and February of 2018.
The 2017 Rates/Fees for fishing at Javors Lucas Lake:
* A sesonal pass to fish by boat for $100
* A seasonal pass to fish from the shore for $50
* A daily pass to fish by boat for $10
* A daily pass to fish from the shore for $5
No gas-powered boats are allowed on Javors Lucas Lake
Only electric powered (trolling) motors are allowed on Javors Lucas Lake. No gas powered (outboard) engines are allowed to power boats when fishing on Javors Lucas Lake. Because it is the primary drinking water reservoir for the MWA, Javors Lucas Lake adheres to more strict regulations than those governing the use of recreational lakes.
2017 Open House at the Amerson Plant
The annual Open House at the Frank C. Amerson, Jr. Water Treatment Plant will take place on May 4, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. This event is held in conjunction with the American Water Works Association's National Drinking Water Week, which is May 7-13, 2017.
2017 Kids Fishing Derby at Javors Lucas Lake
The 12th annual MWA Kids Fishing Derby will be held at Javors Lucas Lake on Saturday June 2, 2017. This date is one of three free fishing days offered by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, which allows citizens to fish without a permit on these days.
Please check the News section of this website for more information on the upcoming MWA Open House and Kids Fishing Derby.
MWA reservoir dedicated in honor of Mr. Javors J. Lucas
Javors Lucas Lake was dedicated on November of 2006 to honor current MWA Board Member Javors J. Lucas, who has served the Authority for more than 30 years. The MWA drinking water reservoir holds an estimated 5.8 billion gallons of water at normal full pool, providing the ideal habitat for a variety of fish, including bream, bass, and catfish.
Fishing tournaments are welcomed at Javors Lucas Lake, which is an ideal setting for area groups or organizations to host special events. However, individuals with groups fishing during a scheduled tournament must adhere to all rules and regulations governing the use of Javors Lucas Lake and Georgia Public Waters (provided in the "Rules and Regulations" link below). And groups requesting that Javors Lucas Lake open early for scheduled events must coordinate those logistics and pay for the security necessary to accommodate such a request.
For details on MWA Public Fishing Rates, Rules and Regulations, as well as for Directions to Javors Lucas Lake, check out the following links:
For more information on fishing at Javors Lucas Lake, contact:
Gary J. McCoy, MWA Director of Water Operations
Amerson Water Plant/Fishing Season Phone Number: 478-464-5650.
Macon Water Authority
790 Second St.
P.O. Box 108
Macon, GA 31202-0108
- (478) 464-5600
- (478) 741-9146