The Macon Water Authority
790 Second Street • Macon, GA 31202-0108 • (478) 464-5600
Fishing at Javors Lucas Lake
2014 Public Fishing Season Schedule
The Macon Water Authority (MWA) continues to provide opportunities for public education and recreation at its facilities, including public fishing on the Authority's drinking water reservoir -- Javors Lucas Lake. Drinking water reservoirs in Georgia are regulated much stricter than recreational lakes; however, quality fishing is available at Javors Lucas Lake.
The 2014 public fishing season schedule at the Authority's Javors Lucas Lake is as follows:
* Fishing season begins on Friday, March 7, 2014.
* Beginning Friday, March 7, and extending through Sunday, April 27, 2014, Javors Lucas Lake will be open for fishing three days per week on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
* From Friday, May 2, through Sunday, June 29, 2014, Javors Lucas Lake will be open for fishing three days per week on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
* Fishing will NOT be available on Monday, May 26, 2014, for the Memorial Day Holiday.
* The Lake will be closed for public fishing during the months of July and August, but will re-open on Friday, September 5, 2014.
* Javors Lucas Lake will NOT be open on Independence Day (July 4), nor on Labor Day (Monday, September, 1, 2014).
* From Friday, September 5, through Sunday, October 26, 2014, Javors Lucas Lake will re-open three days per week on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, from 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
* Sunday, October 26th will be the last day of public fishing on Javors Lucas Lake during 2014.
* The Lake will be closed for public fishing and boating during the months of November and December, as well as during the months of January and February of 2015.
* The large 6-acre catfish pond will be closed to ALL during 2014, in order for the Authority to stock that pond with large bass and allow the bass already in the pond sufficient time to grow. However, the pond will be open for the 2014 Annual MWA Kids Fishing Derby. Otherwise, the pond will re-open in March of 2015.
Javors Lucas Lake was dedicated on November of 2006 to honor long-time MWA Board Member and current Vice-Chairman Javors J. Lucas. The MWA drinking water reservoir holds an estimated 6 billion gallons of water at normal full pool, providing the ideal habitat for a variety of fish, including bream, bass, and catfish.
Fishing tournaments are welcomed at Javors Lucas Lake, which is an ideal setting for area groups or organizations to host fishing events. However, individuals with groups fishing during a scheduled tournament must adhere to all rules and regulations governing the use of Javors Lucas Lake and Georgia Public Waters (provided in the link below). And groups requesting that Javors Lucas Lake open early for scheduled events must coordinate those logistics and pay for the security necessary to accomodate such a request.
For details on MWA Public Fishing Rates, Rules and Regulations, as well as for Directions to Javors Lucas Lake, check out the following links:
For more information on public fishing at the MWA's Javors Lucas Lake, contact:
Gary J. McCoy, MWA Director of Water
Macon Water Authority
790 Second St.
P.O. Box 108
Macon, GA 31202-0108
- (478) 464-5600
- (478) 741-9146